from 1 – 4 June 2017 with Gen Chokga in Menorca’s Temple for World Peace Translation available in English
About the retreat
This Post-Spring Festival Retreat offers you the unique opportunity to re-discover the Temple for World Peace and Menorca International Retreat Centre. Enjoy of this blessed sourrandings while deepening in the buddhist way of loving kindness, contemplating and meditating on these precious teachings with the guidance of Gen Kelsang Chokga.
1) Get familiar with the teachings on loving others from the heart.
2) Cultivate true happiness in your relationships by contemplating in retreat the profound meaning of these precious teachings.
3) Mix your understanding in your heart meditating in its meaning.
4) Learn how to integrate this supreme good heart in your daily, modern life.
“The mind that cherishes others is the supreme good heart. Keeping this good heart will bring happiness to ourselves and others”. Geshe Kelsang Gyatso Rimpoché
Gen Kelsang Chokga is a buddhist nun and the resident teacher of KMC Vajrayana in Madrid. She has studied and practiced the buddhist teachings for more than 15 years under the guide of Gueshe Kelsang Gyatso. Gen Chokga is, also, the National Spiritual Director of the NKT in Spain. She is very well known for her loving kindness and the clarity of her teachings.
The retreat will start on Thursday 1st June at 8pm and will end on Sunday 4rd June at noon
Non residential with both meals: 69 €
Non residential with lunches only: 60 €
Non residential without meals: 45 €
ACCOMODATION IN MENORCA IRC
The prices are including the meals and the retreat
Single room en suite: 210€
Double room en suite: 153 €
Shared room en suite: 135 €
Marquee: 117 €
Camping: 99 €
ABOUT YOUR STAY
The retreat will begin with an introductory teaching on Thursday the 1st of June at 8 pm and will end on Sunday the 4th of June at noon
The retreat will be in Spanish with simultaneous translation into English. The prayers will be in spanish
WHAT TO BRING
You will need the following for this retreat:
Book: The New Eight Steps to Happiness (available in the shop)
All you need to cover your personal needs, as medicines or special food, clothes.
Also you will need an operative health insurance in case of emergency.
GENERAL RULES FOR THIS RETREAT
People attending this retreat must follow this:
1. Not to kill
2. Not to steal
3. Not to lie
4. No sexual activity
5. No taking intoxicans, including tobacco
Other advice in order to succed when doing group retreat:
• Keeping silence according to the teacher instructions.
• No playing musical instruments, exception of damarus and bells during sessions.
• Not to use computers, tablets, radios, videos, tv, etc.
• Not to use the cell phone during the retreat.
• No making noises that could bother other practitioners.
• Come to the session on time.
• If you are camping or in dormitory bring your own sleeping bag and towel.
• Food is vegetarian. We can prepare glutenfree menu if you tell us in advance.
HOE TO GET TO THE CENTRE
With Taxi or renting a car. The Temple is next to a restaurant and hotel called Puig de Sa Roca, this is the best reference for the taxi driver. Once you arrive you call call us and we will get to you.
There are many competitive car hire companies on the island so its worth shopping around, however try these three first:
Situated in a privileged location on the beatiful island of Menorca (declared biosphere reserve), Menorca International Retreat Centre is a perfect place to make solitary, as well as group retreats. The Centre is set in a very peaceful environment, surrounded by a pine an oak wood of great natural beauty that invites you to contemplate and meditate on Kadam Lamrim.
The New Kadampa Tradition – International Kadampa Buddhist Union is an international association of Mahayana Buddhist study and Meditation Centres that follow the Kadampa Buddhist Tradition founded by Venerable Geshe Kelsang Gyatso.
Este sitio web utiliza cookies para que usted tenga la mejor experiencia de usuario. Si continúa navegando está dando su consentimiento para la aceptación de las mencionadas cookies y la aceptación de nuestra política de cookies Saber más